Why Choose Patient Focused Certification?
- We are focused on implementing industry best practices to ensure Maryland’s medical cannabis compliance inspectors are the best trained in the nation. The rigorous regulatory and clinical oversight called for in the ASA PFC program will ensure the safety, security and quality of the medicine being grown, processed, inspected and delivered in our state.
Hannah ByronMD Cannabis Commission
- The PFC program is the first of its kind in the medical marijuana industry, and it is a vital step in bringing additional credibility to an industry with laws and regulations that vary by state. “Now patients have a resource that bridges those state-by-state differences.
Steve WhiteHarvest of Tempe
- The PFC program is exceptionally important in the absence of state regulations which require mandatory testing. We’re exceptionally proud to be a part of this forward-looking program which is establishing excellent standards of operations across all organizations involved in the medical cannabis supply chain.
Jeffrey C. Raber, Ph.D.The Werc Shop, Inc.
- The Patient Focused Certification program is long overdue. Patients deserve to know that the products they receive are of the highest standard. As Mayor of Sebastopol, I am relieved to know that there are product safety standards established by a trusted national organization to help guide local governments
Mayor Robert JacobSparc
- In the face of failure by state legislators to develop sensible dispensary regulations in Washington State, the Patient Focused Certification program encourages the industry to adhere to important safety and quality standards. This program gives the industry a baseline to affirm what we’re doing right and to improve upon the service we provide to patients.
Maria MosesDockside Co-op
In the News
Third-party certification ensures that an independent organization has reviewed the cultivation and/or manufacturing process of a product or the management process of a service in order to determine that the final product complies with a specific set of standards designed to ensure safety, quality, or performance. PFC certifies compliance with AHPA and AHP standards for medical cannabis products and services. This review typically includes comprehensive reviews of formulations and materials, independent testing, and facility inspections. Certified products typically exhibit the certifier’s ‘mark’ on their packaging to help consumers make educated decisions about the products or services they are purchasing. PFC requires annual inspections, unannounced random inspections, employee training and product testing to ensure that certified companies continue to meet all AHPA standards after the initial certification. Other nationally recognized certification programs include Good Housekeeping, NSF and ISO.
Trusted by Governments and Regulators
PFC currently holds the first government-issued educational permit from the District of Columbia to provide the required staff trainings for the District’s legal medical cannabis providers. Additionally, PFC has been awarded a contract with the State of Maryland to train all compliance inspectors for the State’s medical cannabis program.
We are focused on implementing industry best practices to ensure Maryland’s medical cannabis compliance inspectors are the best trained in the nation. The rigorous regulatory and clinical oversight called for in the ASA PFC program will ensure the safety, security and quality of the medicine being grown, processed, inspected and delivered in our state.
– Hannah Byron, Executive Director of the Natalie M. LaPrade Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission
How We Help
Regulators and Government Officials
PFC offers regulators a third-party auditing option to ensure that licensed business are meeting standards required under regulations. The PFC program is overseen by a Peer Review Board that has over 300 years of collective expertise in USDA food & product safety protocols; federal regulatory development and medical cannabis research, pharmacology, biochemistry, and industry practices.Learn More
How We Protect
Medical Cannabis Patients and Consumers
Choose your medicine with confidence. With the PFC seal you can be assured that your medicine was prepared in a safe facility, by well-trained professionals, and backed by the standards of the AHPA guidelines and the AHP Monograph. PFC operates an independent hotline that provides patients and/or consumers the means to report a concern, complaint, or adverse event relating to a service or product.Learn More
How We Ensure
With thousands of options to choose from, patients have questions when it comes to the quality of their medicine. To help your patients choose their medicine with confidence, recommend that they look for PFC Verified products. The PFC seal provides peace of mind that products successfully meet the program’s strict criteria— standards of quality, purity, potency, performance and consistency.Learn More
How We Work
Become an industry leader in product safety. Let PFC help you avoid costly mistakes & protect your business. PFC ensures your business maintains ongoing compliance with state & local regulations by providing services & trainings that meet regulatory requirements! Gain the advantage over competition by offering products & services that patients can trust, while boosting credibility with regulators & law enforcement.Learn More