PFC Enrichment Course Learner’s Guide: Pesticide Guidance and Integrated Pest Management
Description: The PFC Enrichment Course: Pesticide Guidance and Integrated Pest Management offers individuals specialized cannabis industry education that includes key definitions pertaining to pesticides and how to properly read a pesticide label. The trainings explores the importance and function of tolerance thresholds, major chemical families, Restricted Entry Intervals (REI’s), and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE’s) as well as employee safety and employer responsibilities. You will also learn the key components to developing a successful Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program. This guide is highly recommended for all cultivation and processing management personnel.
- Master important or key definitions.
- Explore the importance and function of tolerance thresholds.
- Learn about major chemical families and the effects of pesticides on the environment.
- Discuss employee safety and employer responsibilities.
- Learn how to “read” a pesticide label so as to properly identify the toxicity category, restricted entry interval, and potential need for personal protective equipment.
- Learn the key components to successful Integrated Pest Management.